Saturday, May 2, 2015

BRIGHTON

Let's take a break form my marketing project & update you on my adventure today. Sound good? 

I'm hitting that moment... realizing this is the LAST 6 days I have here in London. It honestly seems like yesterday I arrived. I've been saying this to you daily, but where did the time go? How is it possible the next 6 days will be spent studying, exploring, working, writing, packing, & actually leaving? Craziness, I tell you. 

SO today marked my last day trip. I've done quite a few of these this semester (Bath, Stonehenge, St Albans, Windsor Castle...I think that's it?) but today we headed to a place I saw on Pinterest before I even came abroad. I decided I wanted to go here from day 1 & apparently Kelley did as well! 

BRIGHTON. 

This adorable seaside town reminds me of any beachy town on the Jersey Shore but this place was even better & had some weird spots... It was a hipster sort of village but was beautiful! There was lots of shopping & little stores to explore, as well as street vendors & of course, food!

My first view of the ocean included these adorable chairs you can rent. They're everywhere in England & I just might need one on my beach house (the one I dream of buying someday...) 

These pictures are out of order but my time period to procrastinate does not allow me enough time to reorder. Bear with me, friends. 


Yes, we indeed went to India today as well! (just kidding...) This is the Royal Pavillon. History of the Royal Pavilion. Basically, it was created as a Royal residence. We sadly did not go inside but don't feel too bad for me! I've seen more than enough royal buildings this semester. I'll survive!


All of the train stations in England are just adorable. Trains, I will miss you greatly when I leave. You're so fun to ride & even my brother would take you. 


The entirety of the Royal Pavilion. 


I want a bike like this... 


The Lanes (tiny, shopping streets)


The Pier! Seriously, filled with arcades, rides, food... basically any popular beach town in America would have the same.


But they have a ferris wheel on the water (I think this is the English Channel). 


It was a cloudy day but that did not take away from the beautiful colors of the water. Seriously, pictures do not do it justice. The blue was spectacular. 


Kelley & I relieved our childhoods! I obviously had to ride the carousel... Since mom would never buy me a pony. 


We had lunch at this little Italian place. It was pretty good but nothing like the pizza in Florence. 


So glad I met one of my best friends on this adventure abroad. Couldn't have done it without you!


So there's some snippets of my day in Brighton. It was about a 1.5 hour train ride from London & we spent about 4-5 hours in the city itself. It was the perfect day trip. We got back, not too tired, & were all able to still do work tonight. I wish it had been sunny but this is England! 

I will miss going on day trips. The nice part about living in London was the transportation system. Seriously, the National Rail service in England is INCREDIBLE. You can go basically anywhere! This little trip cost the equivalent of $15 for roundtrip tickets. How can I complain? The Rail allowed me to see places in England I would never have been able to reach otherwise, (abroad students are not allowed to drive or rent a car). We conveniently live right near a station & can catch the trains anytime. This has made traveling to other countries so easy, as well. You go London transport. 
I'll really miss you. 

In actuality, I could never live in NYC after living in London. I've been to NYC maybe 10 times & felt it was SO dirty, every single time. London is SUPER clean & the transportation system here is EXCELLENT. Seriously, I never want to take a subway in any other city (I'm looking at you Rome). London just has this magic about it that I have never seen in another city. Even Mom loved London the most out of the places she visited. London, you'll forever hold a piece of my heart. You've ruined me. I'll always compare everything to the Tube or the cleanliness. Or how the buildings are all under 6 stories tall (or so they seem) & your gorgeous parks/ squares every few blocks. You're the best. 

Happy weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment